Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18 2013

Today I will be talking about last week's test since it was the only event that occurred that week. In general, I found it to be a fair test. Since all of the questions are of the same kind, the test turned out to be surprisingly short. I have achieved the desired results with what I have coded during the test. However, my methods are not the most efficient there is. For instance, in the last question, instead of directly creating the linked list, I created a helper function that gives out a list and the main function converts the list into a linked list. This method works well if the amount of data which the program is handling is small. However, if we have a large tree and that the amount of data we have to deal with is large, this program will have memory overflow error. This is due to the fact that although there is no upper limit in terms of the number of elements may be contained within each list, there is a max in the storage capacity of a memory slot. Therefore, with only a small or average sized tree, my method will work well, otherwise it will cause exceptions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment